1. How long have you been a photographer?
I’ve been a photographer professionally for 4 yrs, but have been shooting prior as a hobby years before that.
2. What made you pick up a camera?
3. Whats your favourite style of photography?
4. What’s the best thing about being a photographer?
5. What’s the funniest photography experience you ever have?
6. Do you do anything else besides photography?
7. What was your first camera and did you use it for professional shoots?
8. People sometimes think that if you get the top expensive gear you will produce the best images. What’s your take on that?
I think its bullshit! lol I’ve always been passionate about this topic & I always say to people “It’s not what you use, it’s how you use it.” An iphone is just as good as any camera you can buy, I use my iphone 6 for a lot of my Instagram photos of nature/landscapes from my travels & people genuinely think its taken off a pro camera & are confused as to how it develops so great. Again, it depends on the user, not the equipment.
I also never understood people who buy a whole bunch of expensive gear only to show it off on their social media pages & actually not even know how to use it. To me, someone who thinks or depends on expensive & excessive gear to take great shots isn’t a true photographer, sorry.
Every photographer is different, each to their own, but i personally never felt the need to go over board with my gear. I only still to this day shoot with my Canon 5d Mark ii & only own two good lenses that do the jobs fine! I don’t have crazy lighting or anything fancy.
Always natural lighting that God gives! haha, I don’t feel the need to use anything else really.
9. We see that you’re in the states at the moment? How is it over there photography wise?
10. Any advice for novice photographers out there?